Card beacons include a NFC Tag type 2. This tag has 46 bytes available for writing different types of data: URL, WiFi credentials, bluetooth credentials, email address, phone number, geo location, link to application, plain text, SMS, business card.
How to write to an NFC Tag
In this tutorial we will cover the process of writing to an NFC tag using the NFC Tools app.
- Open the app, go to 'write' tab and click on 'Add a record'.
- Then select the type of record you want to create. For this example we'll use the text type.
- Enter the data relevant for the type of record you want to create and save it.
- Then click on the 'write' button.
- Approach your Card beacon to your device and wait for the process to be completed.
How to read an NFC Tag
This application also includes a feature to read the tags. Now that you have created a new record for your tag, in order to review it, just select the 'read' option and approach the card to the device.