Firmware version 1.5.5
- Added support for networks with hidden SSIDs.
Firmware version 1.5.4
For Android click here.
For iOS click here.
Firmware version 1.2.4
This firmware version gives a boost to its core features, the ability to collect and send data to the cloud and the ability to trigger actions based on location-related events.
Here’s what the new firmware brings:
- better data compression when sending data to API → Depending on the frequency of the data sent and the number of beacons in range, Gateways running on older firmware versions would send a lot of data. The new update makes the Gateway 5x more efficient by better compressing data, helping users who have limited data bandwidth or struggle with network overloads.
- local action triggers → You can now use triggers locally, without any internet connection.
- fast restart → We’ve reduced the time Gateway needs to reboot from around 60 seconds down to 15 seconds.
- soft reset for faster configuration → From now on, all Gateway configurations are applied faster as it no longer has to do a full reset each time it receives new settings.
- several bug fixes to make your fleet run more smoothly.
How to upgrade the Firmware on my Gateway?
Gateways will upgrade their firmware automatically if they have an active internet connection and are plugged to a power source.
If you just received your Gateways or if you are new to the Location Engine ecosystem, please visit our Getting Started guide: Gateway & Location Engine.