Why do I need your app?
Kontakt.io Beacons are Bluetooth-based devices. The only way to communicate with them is over the Bluetooth radio.
Once you create new settings for your beacons via the Kontakt Cloud , you need to deliver them using Bluetooth. That is why Kontakt.io provides you with an Admin App for both iOS and Android. Variously, if you’re a developer and you’re writing an application, you can use our SDKs to seamlessly pass information from the Panel or API to a beacon that needs to be configured. For Both IOS and Android we provide two separate apps.
For administrating beacons - Kio Tag Administrator
For administrating beacons and gateways: Kio Gateway Installer
Where can I get the Kontakt.io app?
The Kontakt.io admin app is available for iOS and Android from Apple App Store and Google Play Store respectively. You will find links below.
What can I do with this app?
- The Kio Tag Administrator App makes it easy to deliver any configuration updates you set in Panel or API. This includes switching beacon profiles between iBeacon and/or Eddystone, changing advertising data, and modifying broadcasting parameters.
- The Kio Tag Administrator App can also work independently from the Panel, making it very useful for quick adjustments to a beacon near you.
- The app also helps you monitor battery levels of the beacons in its range
- Kio Gateway Installer allows to configure Gateways including Wi-Fi setup
Important to know
- The Kontakt.io Administration App allows you to manage only beacons that are assigned to your account, so remember to log in with your Cloud/Panel credentials.
- The app requires a smartphone or a tablet equipped with a Bluetooth 4.0. Although the app officially needs only iOS 7.1.2 or Android 4.4., the latest operating system for each platform is highly recommended.
- Giving the app all permissions it asks for is necessary for proper operations.
- In order to get the latest features, keep your app updated.