Introduction to managers
Mangers 'own' devices and can manage the devices assigned to them. Managers have one of the following roles assigned to them:
- SUPERUSER - Has all available rights, including creating ADMINs and OPERATORs.
- ADMIN - can configure beacons that have been assigned to them by SUPERUSER, they can also create new users with a role of OPERATOR. Your company can have multiple ADMIN managers.
- OPERATOR - can configure beacons that have been assigned to them. Your company can have multiple OPERATOR managers.
ADMIN and OPERATOR managers are subordinates of another manager, i.e they belong to another manager, its supervisor (the manager that created them).
When your Kontakt.io Beacons are shipped and you assigned them to a Web Panel account, they will be assigned to your company SUPERUSER.
As your beacon fleet grows, you may want to delegate management over some parts of it to other users. You can do it by creating sub-accounts.
How to do it: Login to your WebPanel account at https://panel.kontakt.io/ with a Superuser account or Admin account.
Go to the Account section, click on the Add user button on the right side and fill in requested data.
Note: There is no limit in number of users that you can create.
Choose a Role of the new user:
ADMIN - can configure beacons that have been assigned to this user by SUPERUSER, they can also create new users with a role of OPERATOR.
OPERATOR - can configure beacons that have been assigned to this user by SUPERUSER or ADMIN.
The newly created user will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within a few minutes. If the email hasn’t arrived, please ask him or her to check Spam or Junk folders.
If a Web Panel account with that email address already exists, you will get the following error "Resource manager with email@example.com already exists", as shown in the image below.
When this happens there are a couple of things you can try:
1. Use a different email address to create the sub-account.
1.1 If we are talking about a Gmail account, then you could append a + sign to the email, ie. firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to use your Gmail address, as described in this article.
2. Change the email address associated in order to "free" the one you wanted to use, following this tutorial. Please note that email address change is only available through the API.
To edit one of your subordinates go to Accounts section and click Edit button next to specific account.
You are able to edit:
- First Name
- Last Name
To remove subordinate go to Accounts section and click bin button next to specific account.
Once you confirm account removal the beacons assigned to this subordinate will be automatically reassigned to Superuser account.