The Kontakt.io USB helper app is needed to deliver pending configurations to USB beacons through the USB port of a computer. It is an intermediary between Kontakt.io backend and USB Beacons connected to your Mac/PC. It monitors for new configs and applies them in background if needed.
In order to use the USB helper app, please:
- Make sure your USB Beacon is properly assigned to your Kontakt.io Proximity Web Panel Account. Further details are available in our quick start guide.
- Download the right package for your operating system:
Mac OS X
- Extract the downloaded .zip file.
- Install drivers:
Mac OS X: mount SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg from the Drivers folder, open it, launch Silicon Labs VCP Driver.pkg installer and follow the on-screen instructions
Windows: in the Drivers folder find and unzip the CP210x_VCP_Windows.zip file that contains a folder with installers for 32- and 64-bit OS architectures – launch CP210xVCPInstaller_x86.exe (32-bit) or CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe (64-bit), depending on your OS version, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the UsbApp.app (on Mac OS X) or the nw.exe (on Windows).
- Log in with your Kontakt.io Proximity Web Panel account credentials.
- Connect your USB Beacon to USB 2.0 or 3.0 port and make sure the app detects it (since app works in a minute long intervals, this may take up to a minute).
- Leave the app running in the background.