Firmware not applicable for
- Asset Tag (S18-3) with firmware 1.22
- Beacon Pro (BP16-3) with firmware 1.22
- Beacons with Microcontroller Nordic Semiconductor nRF51
- Beacons with Microcontroller Nordic Semiconductor nRF52810
We’ve recently put a lot of effort into upgrading our firmware products and the next version of beacon firmware will include many improvements. The main feature in this update is the battery level estimation. For now, it is calculated by the voltage on the battery, from the range of 3.0V to 2.5V. That estimation has a lot of issues when it comes to the prediction of remaining lifetime. Currently, we inform users how much operation time remains on the beacon based on the settings that the customer selected at the production stage.
After the latest changes, our estimations will be much more accurate. In the next version, starting from 2.1, beacons will use their additional battery drain counter to help with the estimate. Beacons will calculate how much energy they are consuming based on their operating time and levels. This will be the default model for future beacon configurations.
- New model support
- Support for new sensors
- Acceleration calculation fixes
- Beacon and memory negotiations improvements
- Blink 10s and 30s command supported for beacons with LED.
Equivalent version for other beacons
We are also updating our previous beacon models as part of our dedication to support our devices as much as possible. Devices with firmware 1.22 will be updated directly to suitable twin versions of 2.1 with version code 1.23.