In order to properly send data to Kontakt.io Cloud, Portal Light needs to be able to reach the internet. Portal Light can connect through an 802.11b/g/n WiFi network operating on the 2.4GHz band.
IMPORTANT: 5Ghz WiFi networks are NOT supported by Portal Light
The firmware supports WiFi authentication schemes based on pre-shared keys, like WPA WPA2 Personal.
Portal Light need to have access to certain remote resources, so a network firewall has to allow them to communicate with:
- Kontakt.io Cloud – this is where Portal Light sends and receives data & configuration updates.
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/gateway-software/public : gateway application updates
- https://apps-api.kontakt.io and https://apps-api.prod.kontakt.io: data upload directly for processing in Kontakt Apps
- NTP servers – required for time synchronization. They are configurable by the user. By default the device uses the following:
- *.pool.ntp.org, port 123 (standard NTP)
Before the installation of Portal Light please check the availability of the above resources with your network administrator.