Kontakt.io Beacon firmware version 2.1 was released OTA (Over The Air) April 2020.
The update introduces new battery level calculation other features and bug-fixes for beacons equipped with nRF52 chip.
- Battery level software monitoring: accurate battery usage
- Blink10s and Blink30s commands for blinking
- Persistent time without RTC across resets
- CCache enabled
- Future beacon models support
- Support for new sensors
- Fix initialization error of battery usage
- Fix timers which could be used with a period of 0
- Fix power-meter bug when changing clock time
- Acceleration calculation fixes
- LED: fix bug not shutting led off
The update is applicable to the devices from the nRF52 family:
- Smart Beacon S18-3 (currently named Anchor Beacon)
- Beacon Pro (only with factory fw version 2.0)
- Card Tag
- Heavy Duty Beacon
- Asset Tag
- Tough Beacon
Firmware upgrade from:
- Firmware 2.0 can be upgraded to 2.1
- Firmware 1.X CANNOT be upgraded to firmware 2.0 and 2.1
Additional features description:
Software power meter: a software component is keeping track of the
- Number of advertisements with their TX power
- Connection time and rate
- Accelerometer state
In order to calculate the estimated energy consumption which is saved in permanent memory. The consumption in uAh can be read by the h_used_battery field via a beacon-conf --read_all.
After a reset / reboot / update from a lower firmware version the usage should be 0, and the beacon will use the percentage provided by the battery voltage instead.